Thursday, October 13, 2005

Animal instinct?

We have an office dog called Molly. She is a bit thick, and really smells but usually friendly. However she has a thing about men in uniform. It's really strange how she can tell the difference between a delivery man in a white van and someone in 'civilian' clothing. When anyone comes to read a meter or hand over a parcel she goes mad and tries to bite their calves. She has succeeded in biting the post man twice and he won't come in the office anymore.

I always thought her behaviour was irrational and silly until I noticed that I do a similar thing with envelopes. Lovely coloured envelopes with hand written addresses or big parcels induce a big smile and if I had a tail I'd be wagging it. Brown printed ones or A5 white ones with 'private' in the top corner bring about a snarl and I if I had big teeth I'd definitely knash them.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is really bizarre. i never thought of you as a writer. let alone a comedy one...

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters