Monday, October 17, 2005

Cineworld or end of the world?


Nick and I went to see the new Wallace and Gromit film at the weekend. It was great and I would definitely recommend it. However, I would NOT recommend the Cineworld Cimema in Falkirk. I don't think I have ever been in such a depressing place of entertainment on a Friday night.

The huge caverous entrance (with broken TV screens not showing forthcoming films) had a huge queue of punters waiting for one downtrodden girl to dispense the tickets - veeeery sloooowly. Each ticket came with a free sigh. The ice cream counter was staffed by one girl with gothic makeup and a baseball cap. She also had to man the bar at the same time. To complete the picture of desolation there was one spotty 16 year old lad halfheartedly hoovering up spilt popcorn with a yellow carpet sweeper.

Do not despair though - to compensate for this staff shortage there were no less than 3 fat girls chatting by screen 11. Their job appeared to be holding open the door for customers. Excellent.

I bet there used to be a lovely old cinema in the centre of the town that was forced out of business by this Cineworld monster. Now the good people of Falkirk are left with a huge, souless, run-down tin shed that sucks the will to live from your bones.

I will be avoiding this place in future.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Terrific little blog - well worth a visit. I'm still trying to get mine together on stuff like kitchen utensils. Come take a look if you get the chance.

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters