Tuesday, October 25, 2005

fungi-ago-go

We have been having an interesting discussion this afternoon about fungi. It's truly amazing, neither plant nor animal.


My new project at work is plagued with the stuff. The fungus in this picture is the size of a 7 year old child and is a bit menacing if you ask me. I wouldn't want to be left alone with that thing pulsating in the corner. (the light is from me shining a torch at it. It definitely flinched. I saw it.)

The dry rot (a slight misnomer as it needs damp to live) has spead everywhere and we will probably have to strip out every bit of timber from this poor little building. These pictures put most people's damp problems into perspective!


Oh and there are some dead cats in there as well. I love my job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters