Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Green tea

Ever since a visit to Jane in Feltham about 5 years ago I have had a thing about green tea. I drink it at work instead of normal tea or coffee.

Apart from the refreshing and delicate flavour, the main benefit to drinking green tea is that it is such good value. I have only ever bought 2 bags of green tea in my entire life. The first bag I drank for 3 years while working in Sheffield, and my current bag I am still only half way down, 18 months after purchasing it.

Please bear in mind that I drink approximately 6 cups of green tea a day, 5 days a week for about 46 weeks of the year. Due to the minute amounts of tea you need per cup each bag lasts for about 3 years. A bag costs around £3.50. You don't even need milk.

Surely this has got to be the most bargainous beverage known to man?

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

When I was in China last month, I bought some Green Tea, Jasmine Tea and some other tea the name of which I've forgotten as a present for my mum, dad and brother. I asked for their best tea and tasted it (it was spectaular), but didn't think to ask how much it cost, 'cause it's tea, you know? Tea doesn't cost that much, especially when you are in a country famous for little else. I looked at my receipt later and it came to £150. I should have been tipped off by the fact that they told me that the Green tea was picked by monkeys from just 18 specially selected trees at the top of a mountain in southern China, and was the favoured tea of the last emporers in the Qing dynasty.
Oh and yes, the shop did have big windows ;)

12:22 PM  
Blogger Rach said...

I'm eagerly anticipating a cup over New Year!

12:31 PM  
Blogger OboeJane said...

Strangely, it took me a substantial number of lines before I twigged that you meant a bag of loose tea, and not a teabag. I had visions of this poor little teabag being pegged up to dry every night...

4:15 PM  
Blogger Christian Briddon said...

I'm with Jane. I though you were refering to a teabag. I thought you were saving it in some sort of 'Used Teabag Holder' and re-using the same one.

Must be something in the Sheffield air!!!

7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters