Wednesday, October 26, 2005

how to make women feel good about themselves

I just saw an advert for a Loreal anti-aging cream that I can't quite believe. Their new slogan is:

"Don't let yourself go"

ManTip: do not buy your wives/girlfriends this cream for Christmas. You might as well just come out and say 'Sorry love, but you're letting yourself go a bit'. This is guaranteed to result in a slap on the chops.

As a woman who currently scrutinises her emerging wrinkles in the mirror every morning, this is a subject close to my heart. The problem is - I can't help these new wrinkles appearing! I'm not letting myself go, I'm just getting older! I laugh alot, which accounts for most of the wrinkles around my eyes (I like to think) and I'm too busy and poor to spend hours in a beauty salon getting treatments for my face.

We all know that the media's portrayal of women is skewed and we shouldn't try to aspire to look like models, but I amit it: I want to be slim, I want to be beautiful, and just at the moment I want to look young. There are enough reasons to feel guilty in this life. Being told that if I have a few wrinkles then I'm 'letting myself go' is one guilt trip I am keen to avoid, if it's all the same.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to examine my wrinkles. Humph

2 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

Call me biased, but I think you are the most beautiful girl in the world x

9:28 PM  
Blogger Christian Briddon said...

Nice brownie points gathering Nick!!!

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters