Thursday, October 20, 2005

Humiliated yet vindicated!

Today I sunk to my lowest professional ebb ever. I had a shower on a building site.

I had been arguing all morning with the bathroom designer and client about how to fix the flooding wet rooms. I said we needed to build a proper enclosure to contain the water. The bathroom designer claimed there would be no problem with a body in the path of the water jets.

I poo-pooed him and said it would still flood, and if I could, I would test it now and prove it. Before I could draw breath the client produced 3 towels from a box and said: 'Go on then.'

So, being stubborn, and knowing I was right, I put my pride to one side and got in the shower.

Now, before my husband goes ballistic I would like to point out that I was wrapped fully in a long towel, and I sent everyone out the room except Anna, the client. Even so I could not believe that I was standing there, like a drowned rat, in a towel, on a building site.

It was worth it because I WAS right. There was still water everywhere so I won the argument and we are building a glass enclosure.

The worst part of this experience has been returning to the office with DREADFUL hair that has dried naturally, kinky and frizzy: an awful predicament that any female readers will be able to identify with.

I deserve a pay rise.

4 Comments:

Blogger Christopher Willard said...

It's when the showers start happening once or twice a week that hubby can start wondering.

Great designer, one with real vision I see.

Funny story

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bog off nick!

3:51 PM  
Blogger OboeJane said...

Hey, this cheers me up no end. My professional "low ebbs" have all been WAAAAAY less low than that.

At least you were right. It would have been worse to be wet, embarrassed and WRONG. Eating humble pie with bad hair would be awful.

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why couldn't you just turn the shower on for a few minutes. surely you weren't obliged to actually get in too prove it leaked??!

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters