Monday, October 24, 2005

Office blues

This is where I work. 'How idyllic' I hear you cry!


Actually, No.

Today it is raining and those lovely oak doors finish an inch above the ground. Water is coming in under it and making a bid for my desk. The draught is chilling me to the bone. Those cute little windows? They are the reason we call our ofice the dungeon - it's soooo gloomy, and we have to have Rentokil around on a fortnightly basis to stop the mice nibbling our cables.

The view out of my window is NOT the beautiful garden that grows on the other side of the wall. No, it is of the backside of an old folks home. Everyday at 11.30 I get get a whiff of whatever the inmates are having for lunch. Today was fish fingers. They eat beans alot too.

I know there are worse places to work, and worse jobs to be stuck in, but today I just want to escape. Any tips on improving office morale would be gratefully received just now.

2 Comments:

Blogger OboeJane said...

Fashion a catapult out of old Rotrings and laccy bands and see how many of the old people you can pick off with well-aimed bits of putty rubber.

1:18 PM  
Blogger Rach said...

I hate to disappoint, but we don't use those antiquated utensils anymore. It's CAD all the way sadly :-(

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters