Wednesday, October 26, 2005

surreal morning

This morning I have:
a) Burnt my buttock on the towel rail. (I swear that bathroom is conspiring against me)
b) Stood on a plug with my bare foot.
c) Opened the door to our builder and discovered he was deaf. I was caught totally off guard and spent 20 mins scribbling notes to him on the back of the gas bill.

I have spent the last hour feeling guilty that I was so surprised he was deaf. I also feel guilty because for the first few minutes I was doubting his abilities as a builder. I also have a long sore burnt patch diagonally across my bum.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am pretty sure that standing barefoot on a UK mains plug has been proven to be the one event that causes humans to utter the longest,loudest string of swear words. It is also the third most painful thing you can do to yourself.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Rach said...

what are the first and second most painful things?

11:19 AM  
Blogger OboeJane said...

Given the amount of time that my builder spent actually LISTENING, he might as well have been deaf too.
Began to wish I was deaf anyway after he started talking about his show dogs for the zillionth time.

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First and second are boy things.

1:10 PM  
Blogger OboeJane said...

Phil - I know that ManPain is obviously off the charts, but I'd always understood that childbirth was thought to be one of the more painful things...

1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fair do's. I'll move "standing on UK mains plug" to no 4 on the list.

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, I can imagine the number 1 boy thing, but what's the second?

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters