Monday, November 07, 2005

Builder - update

Ok, so, apparently the problem with our builders is ME.

According to the builder, I 'lectured him like a school boy'. They have 'bent over backwards to accommodate me'. The foreman refuses to come back to my house. He has 'taken alot of shit over the years but has never been spoken to like that'.

This is ridiculous! I am practically blind with rage. All I wanted to know was when they would be finished, and why things had taken much longer than anticipated. The last time I came across such childish behaviour was when I was at school, certainly not from grown men who should be used to dealing with such questions.

I am also upset because I truly believe I was being very reasonable when talking to the guy. It makes me wonder: who else have I inadvertently upset?

In my calm moments I realise that this guy obviously has some 'issues', be those with women, or younger women, or younger women architects, or someone figuring out when he has made a mistake and challenging him. In my angry moments I just think AAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGG

If this was not my own house then I wouldn't give 2 hoots. I'd just shrug and sort it out. Unfortunately it IS my own house and it seems so much more personal. I will be very very relieved when this is all over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters