Sunday, November 06, 2005

Has ANYONE out there ever had an easy and pleasurable experience with a builder?

Yesterday, on realising that the 2 week completion promise made to me by the builder was not materialising, I asked them when they were likely to finish the job. I think I was quite within my rights to ask as things are not easy when you only have 2 habitable rooms in the house (bedrm and bathrm) and no way of cooking or washing clothes.

Somewhere along the line there was a major misunderstanding and I received a VERY shirty voicemail on my mobile from the boss. He was sounding really angry and wanting to know why I had a problem blah blah blah.

His message was completely unnecessary when all he needed to say to me was 'We've had a few problems with x, but we will be finished by x.' I would have been happy as Larry. As it stands I am confused as to what I said that was so inflammatory, and confused as to why he was so defensive and cross.

Why can't we all just get along?

2 Comments:

Blogger OboeJane said...

Although I REALLY feel for you at the moment, I do find it slightly reassuring that even an architect is incapable of making the bl**dy builders live up to their word. I felt like a total inaequate when my building work ran way over time. You know: if I can [insert relevant complicated day-job activity], why can't I just get the builders to be straight with me???

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Rachel I can definately sympanthise! I hope they finish soon. It is never fun having to live with builders. Good Luck!

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters