Tuesday, November 01, 2005

No more Mr Nice Guy

I have decided: I am too nice.

Generally I always try to be pleasant, friendly and calm to people I work with, no matter what disasters are unfolding. I always thought that getting angry was counter productive and that if people liked me then they would try extra hard to do what I asked of them.

I have revised that opinion. For the first time in ages I actually got cross. I raised my voice on the phone and suddenly things started to happen.

I suspect that part of the reason was the shock factor. Nice little smiley Rach turns into hard uncompromising bitch might have been a surprise for the unsuspecting Contractor, but it worked.

I will be storing this particular weapon up my sleeve for future use, so watch out...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being mean is definitely the way forward. It's a lesson i learnt pretty quickly when I started teaching! You've basically got to be a super bitch. It's actually quite fun sometimes!

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters