Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Caramac, delicious or odd?

Following an office discussion on the merits of the Caramac, it came to our attention that many of us had never tried this age-old confection!

This travesty was soon put right by the purchase of 7 Caramac bars, and subsequent mass tasting session. The ensuing conversation went a bit like this:


Duncan: oooh it's nice!
Sarah: Yummy
Me: Oooh - that's lovely, haven't had one of these for years!
Duncan: it's very sweet...
Zoe: mmm, and definitely a bit gritty towards the end of the mouthful.
Roz: ...Not as nice as I remember..
Sarah: Don't know if I can finish mine
Duncan: My teeth feel funny.
Me: I feel a bit sick
Zoe: think I'll save the rest til later...
Sarah: God this is awful, I need something minty. Any chewing gum anyone?

Conclusion

Nice to begin with, slowly changing onto the most sickly, gross thing you have ever eaten in your life. This might have something to do with the fact that the main ingredient is vegetable fat, followed by sugar. To be avoided.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rach said...

yuck, no. After today's foray into the world of caramacs I can safely say I will not be indulging until the mists of time have dulled and warped the memory.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Tony Ruscoe said...

The first time I ever tried a Caramac was when I was about 8 or 9 years old and a friend of the family bought me a Caramac Easter Egg. This was a large easter egg made out of Caramac instead of chocolate with a couple of Caramac bars thrown in. I don't remember feeling sick after eating it all in one go - but I don't remember wanting another Caramac for at least a few years afterwards, so maybe that says something...

I agree that Kit Kat Caramacs are good though...

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters