Monday, March 13, 2006

New Job

I have got a new job. Upsides are:

More cash
Less hours (only doing 4 days a week, possibly 3 in future - hurrah)
Local, so I can walk to work instead of hacking off down the motorway.

Downsides are:

Dunno yet, but you can bet your bottom dollar there will be some. I mean, it's work - that's a downside in itself.

I will be working only 4 days a week so will have more time to do the things that I love, like my crafty stuff. In that past I have tentatively begun little businesses making cards and soap, doing craft fairs and selling to gift shops, but I've never had enough time to make it any more than a hobby.

I'm not expecting to be the next Alan Sugar or anything, I just want to spend some time doing the things that I find fun. Much as I like being an Architect, (and I do usually like it) sometimes I forget what's 'fun' about spending 8 hours a day manipulating coloured lines on a computer screen. So, hopefully my new job will increase my satisfaction as an Architect as well as give me more time to fiddle around with paints, glue and glitter. What could possibly be better?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Can't believe i've just found out about this on your weblog! Have fun celebrating xx

5:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go girl!

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters