Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Vegetable progress 4

Finally there is more to report.

Potatoes are just showing through now, and the onions and parsnips are in. The salad leaves are growing really well and the french beans grow about 2cm a day which is a bit freaky. The carrots are very slow but there is definite progress.

I think I may have achieved the unthinkable and got Nick vaguely interested in gardening. He now goes out to inspect the plants, pulls up the odd weed and, staggeringly, he came to the garden centre with me on Sunday.

The plant section was not much interest to him but he did end up buying an enormous hosepipe with a special manly fitting that sprays water out in 7 different ways, which he used to threaten me all afternoon. I was not amused. However I had the last laugh when he was adjusting the connection at the tap. It popped off and shot a super strong jet of water right up into his face. Totally slap stick, and thoroughly deserved. He he he.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christian Briddon said...

Garden Centre's are dangerous places. You go in to buy a bottle of weedkiller and come out having spent £50.

1:27 PM  
Blogger The Author said...

I love garden centres - I used to work in one - until I got the sack!!! They always have really nice coffee shops, and if you're not careful you think you're Charlie Dimmock and spend a fortune. Your garden never looks like the ones on the TV, and you spend all your money on anti-snail products!!!

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters