Wednesday, May 03, 2006

aahhhhhhhhhggggghhh

This morning, horror of horrors, I found my first wirey grey hair.

This was a horrible shock for me because for as long as I can remember (well, since I was about 16) I have been dying my hair so have never spotted any grey.

I have been most colours over the years, but mainly on the blonde side. I have many home-hair-dye-jobs-gone-wrong storys I could tell you, like the time I bleached my hair with peroxide in attempt to get platinum white hair, but ended up with bright canary yellow straw-like hair falling out in clumps. I had to get in a taxi wearing a baseball cap and grovel to the hairdresser to help me dye it back and stop it breaking off, but those tales are for another day.

What I'm getting round to explaining is that I have never had any actual reason to colour my hair until today. Now if I don't keep it up I will look like an old woman. I must make a hair appointment immediately.

I am sad. My youth is fading.

2 Comments:

Blogger OboeJane said...

My hairdresser told me I'm 70% grey in the front and 40% at the back. This was a low point for me. If I get round to it, I'll email you a picture and you'll see what I mean. It's SCARY. However, let's look upon it as an opportunity to justify spending obscene money at the hairdressers and to go radical new colours. (Like white)

4:37 PM  
Blogger Rach said...

well I must say I have always been tempted to go totally white, just to see what I'd look like. However I have a sneaking suspicion that rather than looking cool and fashionably eccentric I'd just look stupid. Lets face it, nowadays I do most of my shopping at M&S, so I can't see the platinum look being that successful.

I always remember coming to visit you and you collected me from Kings cross station. You said you knew where I was because I had the blondest hair of all the disembarking passengers and you could see it bobbing along down the platform.

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters