Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Vegetable HAZARDS

Today, the main hazard associated with growing your own veg made it's self apparent in the most graphic of terms.

I found a slug in my sandwich.

It was just a small one, about a centimeter long, and I spotted it on the lettuce before I ate it, but even so - bleughhh.

I must admit, the remainder of my sandwich was consumed with much more caution and far less gusto than usual. I wonder how many other little slugs I have happily and unknowingly munched thorough in the past few weeks?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are meant to wash the lettuce before you put it in a sandwich! And anyway a slug is a homeless snail and they eat those in France!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

Rachel, your blogs are touching and funny, insightful and sometimes just downright bizarre. You left me a lovely message about my art work and i had to read your blogs after that. And thank goodness i did. I am inspired and renewed. What great writings! Thanks, Natalie

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters