Monday, July 17, 2006

Superpants

Went to see my Mum conducting the National Youth Choir for Scotland this weekend. I felt very proud. It was funny really because the audience was mainly made up of parents supporting their offspring but in my case it was the opposite way round.

We also we to see Superman returns. I'm really fed up with the current fad for making films so interminably long. It started with bloody Lord of the boring old rings, and now extends to any film deemed to be a big hit. I knew it was going to be a long one when it took 30 mins to get past the opening rescue-of-Lois-Lane sequence, another 30 mins before the actual (rather thin) plot emerged, and featured a large number of shots of Lois Lane gazing longingly into the camera.

As regards the plot, it is exactly the same plot as the first Superman film, namely:

Superman is very strong and can fly (rescues a few people just to remind you)
Lex luther hatches evil plan to get land.
Tries to kill Superman using krytonite.
fails.
Superman snogs Lois lane .
flies off into the sunset.
The end.

Rubbish.

Oh I forgot to mention the oh-so-perplexing sub plot: Is the annoying kid Superman's son? or not? gosh I wonder????? Ooooh he just threw a piano.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christian Briddon said...

OK, now I feel like you and Nick are ganging up on me. :-)

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters