Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Unsuccessful trip to Argos to buy air conditioning unit

Me: Hi, I'd like to buy this air conditioning unit please.
Argos checkout girl: er...(tap tap tap on computer)... that's home delivery only.
Me: Oh right. It's just that when I phoned 10 minutes ago I was told you had one in stock.
Argos girl: (tap tap) yeah we do. (looks at me blankly)
Me: Great! Can I take it please.
Argos girl: (looks at computer) It's home delivery only I'm afraid.
Me: But you just said you had one in stock.
Girl: We do. It's in the warehouse over there.
Me: OKaaaaay, so can I take it away today then.
Girl: No, it has to be delivered.
Me: Oh. Well, when can you deliver it?
Girl: (tap tap, chews on chewing gum)...eerm, 14 days.
Me: ????
Girl: It could be quicker than that but I can't promise. We're very busy.
Me: So. You are telling me you've got the item I want behind those doors, I am willing to pay you money now for said item, remove it from the shop immediately at no inconvenience to yourselves and yet you want to wait a fortnight then pay someone to put it in a van to deliver it to an address 200m down the street. Is that the situation?
Girl: (blank look)
Me: Oh forget it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are nutters.
Write a little enquiry to their head office and see what response you get.

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters