Tuesday, November 21, 2006

oh the bitter irony

I watched 'Britain's youngest Mums and Dads' last night. This was a documentary following the progress of a few 13 and 14 year old parents over 3 or 4 years, with a cruel 'where are they now - hah! told you so' slant to the whole proceedings.

Even though I felt quite sorry for most of the teenagers on the programme, a more than significant part of me felt angry and resentful. Another part of me ruefully smiled at the irony of it all. Them: 15, single, No education, no career prospects, no money, and 2 kids without thinking. Me: nearly 30, married, educated to my eyeballs, good career, good salary and childless, though not for want of trying.

What is going on? Survival of the fittest? I'm beginning to think that Darwin may have got something wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters