Monday, January 15, 2007

Darts magic

My god - did you see the darts last night?

What a great sport that is. Match-fit athletes, every one of them. (Except Andy 'The Viking' Fordham who was hospitalised during the tournament because he got so fat he couldn't breathe properly)
The final was a thrilling match against the world number 1 and a retired Grandpa from Durham who qualified after practising darts in his kitchen in between hoovering and making the tea for his grand children. He was the the bottom seed and got to the final against odds of 150 to 1. He so nearly won as well. I enjoyed it immensely, and even Nick (who laughs at my love of the darts) was cheering along towards the end.

5 Comments:

Blogger Christian Briddon said...

Darts is a very under-rated sport as far as watching it on TV is concerned.

I didn't watch it over the weekend as 24 was taking up our time but normally I would be right there with you, watching these hero's of the oche.

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally agree with you Rach, we were hooked. I especially liked it when the to be winner's wife walked out and locked herself in the ladies as she couldn't stand the suspense! Better than a soap opera!

1:51 PM  
Blogger OboeJane said...

A load of people from my office got invited to the darts on a corporate jolly with a load of lawyers. Sadly I was not of their number, but it sounds like a right old laugh. I bet they all changed out of their pinstripes before they got there, though.

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The problem is, you have to drink an enormous quantity of lager to get a steady hand! It means your figure has to be a darts martyr.

9:12 PM  
Blogger The Author said...

I used to love "Bullseye" with Jim Bowen. what does "On the 'ockey" mean? I love it when they mistakenly call darts a sport!!!

I don't know how they manage to hold the arrows with all those sovereign rings getting in the way!!!

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters