Monday, February 12, 2007

Rachel Simons Design

Finally I’ve done it! My website is online and open for business. You can check it out here.

www.rachelsimons.co.uk

As loyal readers will know, I have been selling my cards and soap for a while now, but in a very small way. A few local shops have stocked my stuff, and I have done a couple of craft fairs with Jane as my very able assistant. (In fact she was invaluable because she is good at adding up and giving the right change, whereas I was far too over excited to do mental arithmetic)

For the website I have augmented my product range with some really lovely fabric covered notebooks, and hand dipped candles which I make in the kitchen in the company of Radio 4.

There will also some more new products on the way shortly, such as my brand new ‘Knicker discs’ – a quirky way to ensure your pants are always fragrant. I’ll let you know when they are up there.

I would really appreciate any feedback you may have about the site – as long as it is constructive. You can leave comment here or e-mail me.

On a final note - if you like the site and my products, I would be so grateful if you would link to it from your site/blog. My current Google ranking is 0. Help me out here!

6 Comments:

Blogger Christian Briddon said...

Consider yourself linked.

Nice site by the way, clean and simple, and your products look great.

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I trust you have done the "submit to Google" thing at http://www.google.com/addurl/
I will add a shameless plug.
You can pay me in knicker discs...

3:17 PM  
Blogger Primrose Hill said...

Hi Rach,
Like the site, very clean and simple, your products are beautiful. Will definitely put a link to your site on the blog. Looking forward to seeing the knicker discs and soap!
L x

4:50 PM  
Blogger Tony Ruscoe said...

May I suggest that when people link to you, instead of / as well as just using "Rachel Simons Design" as the link text, they use something like, "Hand-made greeting cards, homeware and accessories" or something. It's always best to link using the keywords and phrases for which you want to be found. (Page titles are really important too, but you already seem to have that covered as they all say what it is you're selling!)

Looks great though!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Rach said...

Thanks all.

Tony, I hear you are the google expert so any advice from you will be strictly adhered to. Just don't go abusing your position though...

8:47 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Rach, looks good, and I'm really pleased that I can finally buy your wares online.

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters