Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Sales is not her forte.

Me: (in sewing shop) Just these 2 reels of cotton please.
Elderly shop assistant: (scans in cotton – sucks in breath) oooh these are expensive!!!!
Me: are they?
Shop assistant: yes, £4 each
Me: oh that's fine
Shop assistant: (starting to put the cotton back on the shelf) do you still want them?
Me: (retrieving the cotton from the shelf) yes please
Shop assistant: (looking incredulous) Are you sure?
Me: yes.
Shop assistant: (huffing and puffing) well, you must be sewing something very special.
Me: Just give me the goddamn cotton!!!!!!!!!


(I didn’t actually say the last bit out loud. I wonder if the shop owner knows what an excellent sales woman she has employed)

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

if that was in Indonesia, she'd offer you 3, and she kept 1. everybody's happy.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

How about this at the restaurant in Botanical gardens last Sunday:
Me (grabbing waitress after waiting in vain to be be seated for a few minutes): Excuse me, is there any chance you'll be able to fit in five people?
Her: I don't know, have you looked to see if there's any tables available?
Me: Er, there doesn't seem to be, do you know when one might be free?
Her: I don't know, I guess it depends when people leave.
Me: Right. OK. I guess we'll go somewhere else then.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Cally said...

someone read a recent post of mine about the woman in the post office not letting my mum have the last 10 stamps because there would be none left for anyone else... and they directed me to this post of your. Classic, i'm chuckling still.

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters