Thursday, March 15, 2007

Being an Architect is easy sometimes

Yesterday I had this conversation with a Planning officer at the council:

Planning Officer: I'm afraid I can't grant you planning with these drawings.
Me: Why? is there something wrong?
PO: Yes, I need to see your finished ground levels.
Me: I have shown those on the drawings already, plus all the contours.
PO: Yes I can see them. It's just that they are shown in orange. If you could change it so they were black or grey then that would be ok.
Me: Is that all I have to change to get planning permission? The orange lines to black lines?
PO: Yes. We need 4 copies of the revised drawings please.
Me: So as soon as I change the colour of the lines on the drawing we'll be recommended for approval?
PO: Yes.

I had to undertake 8 years of study to do this job you know.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you need to be a very special kind of person to be a planner.

6:57 PM  
Blogger The Author said...

Didn't you know that for most people who work in the "Local Authority" it's a job requirement that they have had their brains sucked out and replaced with chocolate blancmange!!!! (no offence intended to anyone reading this who does work for their local council!)

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters