Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Lucky Meeeeee!

For my 30th birthday my Mum promised to contribute some money so I could go on a course. I have decided to be brave and go to Baltimore in Ohio for a weeks course in contemporary quilt design. (or as Nick likes to describe it in his best American drawl: "maa wife's goin' a-quiltn' in Ohiiiioooo'. I just ignore him.

The course is taught by Nancy Crow who is a world renowned textile artist and quiltmaker so I'm lucky that I just happened to enquire about her courses the same week she released the new autumn course dates.

Lots of the quilt making courses I looked at concentrate on the actual practical skills of sewing quilts, but this is more to do with creating art that happens to use fabric as a medium. I am sooo excited but a little scared at the prospect of flying off to the depths of Ohio by all by myself. Nick is happy because it gives him the excuse to organise a boys week away guilt free!

Anyway, the course is not til October so that gives me ages to buy more fabric (I need to take over 100m with me) and get even more excited. God Bless America.

4 Comments:

Blogger Primrose Hill said...

Wow, that sounds fab Rach, no wonder you're excited! Maybe we could do a little fabric buying trip together?!
Speak to you soon,
L x
P.S. the photo looks fine, I hate having my photo taken, it never quite looks like me!

1:21 PM  
Blogger The Author said...

My Goodness me - your Mum is realllllly generous!!! Would she like to adopt me?

7:34 PM  
Blogger Rach said...

Sadly My Mum is not paying for the whole excursion, just the course fees but it's still very generous of her.

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds good. Will Nick be wanting me to give him a lesson in advanced Wii-ing while you're away? :-)

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters