Monday, March 05, 2007

mohican dilema

In April we are going to Janes 30th birthday party. The theme is Punk and so we must dress up. The dilemma is this:

Nick holds a very important and responsible job in the great British Broadcasting Corporation. He attends important meetings with other important people to discuss important budgets of millions of pounds, and other important stuff.

Nick really wants a mohican for the party.

Should he shave off the hair from the sides of his head? Would he be able to go back to work looking like a bit of a knob? Would I be able to remedy the mohican into something vaguely normal the next day using only my clippers and immense skill and prowess as a hairdresser?

I say YES! what do you say?

(PS I am planning to back-comb my hair to buggery. I did this once to my friend Louise when we were about 14. Her Mum rang my Mum to complain because Lousie couldn't brush it out and they had to cut out large chunks to stop it sticking out at 90 degrees from her head.)

9 Comments:

Blogger OboeJane said...

I am very pleased with your commitment to the project. Nothing worse than half-a*sed fancy dress.

Does he really need to actually clipper it drastically? Have you tried just mohicanning it in its current state? It might look a bit "schoolboy-in-beckham-mohican-era" though.

He could go for the proper job, but only if he was going to take it all off the next day. Perhaps he could pretend to his colleagues that he has ringworm?

Alternatively, he could claim it was for charity, and wear the mohican at work too.

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ithink he should go for it! He can take it all off the next day. Even if it looks pants, it will soon grown back. And it will prepare him for later life ...

I wish I was going to this party dammit. I could out-backcomb anyone there! In fact, even if I just brushed my hair normally, it would look more backcombed than any other backcombed person there. So if I actually backcombed it, well, you can imagine for yourself. Although, doing so would unfortunately mean I would have to shave my head like Nick the next day. I have a feeling that it would be less attractive on me ...

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry jane, if he's to havae a mohican, he has to shave the sides of his hair. i say go for it. how 'bout a balaclava for work? (its eleanor - can't remember my blooger password)

7:58 AM  
Blogger Christian Briddon said...

I too say go for it, mainly because it is not me doing it. :-)

6:48 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

I don't think I have any choice now...

7:33 PM  
Blogger The Author said...

I think Nick should certainly go for it - you can run the clippers over him the next day and go for a nice number one haircut. It will soon grow back (1/2 inch per month!!). I quite like V short hair on chaps anyway. He may actually like the new style, and so might you (sexy stubble head!)

6:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too am planning a bit of a mohican. Not sure if unveiling my plans this early means we're now going to have to enter into some kind of manly height competition...

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phil, I hate to be the one to point this out, but you are bald.

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go for it. The next day you can give him a fine head of hair, just like his father-in-law's!

Regards

Dad x

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters