Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter egg fatigue

I never thought I’d say this but when I opened my lunch today and found a chunk of chocolate Easter egg wrapped in cling film, my heart sank.

On Sunday I was like a 9 year old. I ate so much chocolate I was nearly sick. There is still stacks of it in the fridge. I suspect Nick feels the same, which is why he has palmed a load off on me today. As a good wife I have pushed on through and managed to force down the chocolate. I wouldn’t want to snub my husband’s kind attempts at providing me with a packed lunch, now would I?

I heard once that the reason we love chocolate so much is to do with the fact that it melts at body temperature. When we put it in our mouths it melts on our tongue. Apparently if lard melted in our mouths like this we would like eating lard as much. I can’t believe this is true.

*Post Script*
I've finished the chocolate that was in my lunch. I need a lie down. I feel a headache coming on...

4 Comments:

Blogger jessica said...

that is so sweet that he wrapped a piece of chocolate for you.

12:05 PM  
Blogger Primrose Hill said...

Hi Rach!
Amazingly, somehow I forgot to eat my Easter Eggs(?!!), too many visitors to cook for! I did manage a cream egg while out for a walk and a few little mini eggs but totally forgot about the Green & Blacks little treat I had stashed for myself and a Mars Bar Egg friends had brought - think I might be eating Easter Egg by the fire tonight!
Very sweet that your man makes lunch for you AND puts chocolate in it, you're a lucky girl.
L x

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rach! Was it not you that put me off white chocolate forever by telling me that it was made of the same ingredients as suppositories - something also to do with the melting point??? Its been nice checking in in Rachel-land. Great quilts!!!! Ros.

2:01 PM  
Blogger The Author said...

My easter Eggs are all gone - oops!!! I only had two - but nevertheless - a tad greedy I feel. I do however, still have some of the "Green&Blacks" dark choc with cherries - pure bliss - try it - I promise you'll like it. As I have matured (?) I find that I much prefer dark chocolate!!!

5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters