Wednesday, April 11, 2007

How I know I look ridiculous in rowing trousers

Just so you know the story behind this:

At my last office I drank green tea all the time. The thing with green tea is that you don't have milk so it's boiling hot for ages.

One day I had just been brought a cup of freshly boiled green tea and I somehow managed to knock to whole mug right into my lap.

I was wearing jeans. The boiling tea soaked into my jeans, whereupon the denim stuck to my legs causing me untold pain on my thighs and nether regions.

I acted totally instinctively and yelled 'LOOK AWAY NOW' to everyone in the office. I then stood up and pulled down my jeans to get them off my legs. Everyone was shrieking with laughter. I was shrieking with pain. Thankfully I had sensible pants on, and could semi-hide behind the desk. Even so I don't think Steven or Duncan could ever quite see me in the same light again.

As my jeans were drenched Roz lent me her rowing trousers that she had in her car, which were quite possibly the most unflattering garment I have ever worn. However I was grateful, as were my colleagues, who had seen quite enough of my bottom for one day.

3 Comments:

Blogger Primrose Hill said...

Sorry, shouldn't laugh at you pain, but that story was hilarious!
L x

2:37 PM  
Blogger Christian Briddon said...

I have the same issues with boiling hot beverages as I drink black coffee. When you add the water try adding cold from the tap at the same time. About the same amount as you would milk.

That is Christian's handy hint for today!!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

If I was being really pedantic, I would point out that you shouldn't add boiling water to green tea anyway. Generally, for green tea, the temperature should be around 85 degrees.
But to say such a thing would be really anal of me, so I won't.

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters