Thursday, April 12, 2007

Phobias

Apparently cracking your knuckles does NOT give you arthritis. I'm annoyed this myth is untrue because I hate it when people crack their knuckles. I get squeamish and the noise goes right through me like nails on a blackboard, or squeaky cotton wool on your teeth.

My best friend at school had a phobia like that of lolly sticks. She said they made her want to pull out her teeth. Another friend of mine had a thing about people touching her knees. I didn't believe her and tickled her knees until she actually vomited on me. (This is true) It was my own fault - she had warned me it made her feel sick.

Any other weird phobias you would like to confess to?

4 Comments:

Blogger Angel Jem said...

Thank you for linking to me! I still get such a buzz when that happens!
Yes, weird phobias and strange stuff; my husband is a haemophobe & has a fear of needles. If he cuts himself shaving he has to lie down for 10 minutes. he is also a diabetic which means.... 4 times a day he has to test his blood & give himself an insulin injection (A lot of hypnotherapy went into making that possible, I can tell you!) I told him it was God's judgement for not wanting to be there at the births... but I wouldn'y have wanted him there anyway!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Primrose Hill said...

Have a fear of needles too, came in really handy this morning!! Also have a fear of volcanoes, long story, relates back to my childhood and having nightmares about them!! Wierdo eh?
L x

2:25 PM  
Blogger The Author said...

I have a fear of big fat pipes (think power station, ship's engine rooms, cooling towers, breweries etc etc) Just thinking about them brings me out in a sweat, and I could NEVER go anywhere near them. Dan has a fear of other people throwing up!

9:12 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

mushrooms and pigs

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters