Monday, April 16, 2007

Recycling

Last week my colleague decided to replace all the old duvets and pillows in his house. He has 2 kids and a wife and a father-in-law. That’s a lot of duvets and pillows.

Rather than throw them away, he has used them in his loft as extra insulation! He discovered that the pillows are the perfect width to fit between the joists, and spreading the duvets over the top covers over any gaps. Hurrah!

The other good thing about re-using them in this way is that you don’t then have to suffer the embarrassment of taking the gross old duvets out of your house where someone might actually see them. 'No, no, It’s a coffee stain honestly...'

(and don't try to pretend your pillows and duvets are spotless. I won't believe you)

2 Comments:

Blogger The Author said...

Embarrassing duvet moments - years ago my lovely alsation dog "Cindy" had given birth to a litter on one of my duvets. I had had it cleaned but the stains never really came out. After a wedding I had some friends stay over and had to use this old duvet but didn't have enough duvet covers. It was years before I could live the "Dog-birth" duvet story down!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Rach said...

remind me never to accept an invitation to stay the night at yours.

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters