Thursday, September 27, 2007

Nightmares

Every so often I go through a phase of having really bad nightmares. I wake up screaming blood curdling screams, or trying to drag Nick out of bed because I think something is trying to kill him.

Last night I dreamt that my teeth were falling out one by one over the course of a day, and I couldn’t close my mouth properly, and it really hurt. I had to walk up loads of never ending steep hills of terraced houses to find a dentist but it was a Sunday so no-one could help me. It was awful.

On tuesday night Nick was away in London, so when I was sleepwalking there was no-one to put me back in bed. Somehow I had managed to move our heavy oak bed across the room. God knows how – I couldn’t do it if I was awake. I vaguely remember thinking that I had to move the bed away from the wall because beetles were eating the floorboards, and would cause the floor to collapse and/or they would crawl all over me while I was asleep.

As with all dreams they seem so real at the time, and even when I wake up it takes a minute or two to realise that it’s all ok, I still have a full set of teeth in my head, and no oversized creepy crawlies have munched my arms off. Still, it sets me up badly for the rest of the day, and I carry the uneasy feeling for hours after waking.

1 Comments:

Blogger Victoria said...

Christian woke me up the other night from a nightmare as I was yelling out & I still can't get it out of my head.
The funnist one was when he found me it the bathroom running a bath for all the dirty little children! I have no recollection of this at all!

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters