Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Family Weekend

Our annual family reunion was last weekend, in Oxford. As always it was great to catch up with all the relatives. We had a nice trip to Blenheim Palace, followed by some retail therapy while the boys watched the rugby in the pub.

Sods law determined that the most interesting conversations happened when I had gone to bed early feeling under the weather, so I have only heard about them second hand from Nick. Something about deviant sexual practices and poo. Not sure I should write any more on that subject. Cousin Jenny may divulge more in the comments section, but I will remain silent on the matter.

The hotel had a rather odd manager who gave me, Grace and Ian a stern ticking off at breakfast. He came to clear away our plates and Ian, pointing at the wine list, asked jokily whether many people ordered wine for breakfast. ‘No.’ he replied curtly, ‘But then again, most people don’t sit for breakfast a table set for dinner.’ ‘But I sat over there!’ protested Ian. ‘yes, well,’ said the man, his voice rich with scorn. ‘You sat at a dirty place setting.’ and flounced off back to the kitchen with his nose in the air.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I witnessed the said conversation that you missed and believe me you didn't miss much!

5:26 PM  
Blogger The Author said...

I would have slapped him !

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would rather not go into it if you don't mind......it was revolting!!!

Good to see you though Rach x

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters