Thursday, December 20, 2007

Clever and Ugly, or Stupid and Beautiful?

Would you rather be clever and ugly, or thick and beautiful?

Personally I would much rather be thick and beautiful. I know what it’s like to be clever and ugly, and frankly it’s not all it’s cracked up to. I’m clever enough to realise the wider implications of my ugliness, clever enough to have an understanding of the messed up world around me, and clever enough to philosophise internally until I’m depressed.

If I was thick then I would be able to live my life in happy ignorance. I’d be too stupid to understand why it would be advantageous to be clever. I’d be so beautiful that I’d look in the mirror and like what I saw, and so go through life happy with my image. As a result I’d be super confident and so probably achieve lots in life.

What would you rather be?

8 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

I think you are incredibly beautiful my darling x

3:35 PM  
Blogger Rach said...

correct answer!

you have passed the Husband test.

You may now move onto the next level, spontaneous flower giving.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

let's not get ahead of ourselves

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've seen the auto-portrait quilt and I know you're beautiful -it shows in the work -:)

4:49 PM  
Blogger Liv said...

ah helllooooo, the ugly fairy DEFINITELY did not visit your christening! you got looks AND brains AND artistic talent. In fact, if I hadn't already met you and realised you are actually really nice, I would hate you.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Rach, don't be so utterly riduculous. Apart from it being entirely hypothetical, I'd far rather have you clever and ugly (that would be my choice for me too). I can't honestly believe you'd have it the other way round, and I don't think thick people don't get depressed. Let's chat soon. Eleanor x

7:40 PM  
Blogger The Author said...

Don't worry about it - as you get older your looks fade and guess what? so does your brain!!!!! just have another drink!!!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

Clever and ugly - definately - I would actually hate to be beautiful, imagine it all going down hill as soon as you passed 18 . . . and imagine that being all there was.
Have a great Christmas - judging from your posts you are obviously beautiful and clever and funny - what more can anyone want
Heres to 2008. I am going to try making a quilt.
J
x

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters