Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Missing carrot

As discussed yesterday, I embarked apon my Christmas pudding preparations last night. I made a special trip to Sainsbury's and bought the ingredients, and went home ready to roll up my sleeves and get stuck in.

Half way through the mixing and grating process I realised I had forgotten the carrot so I had to go out again to buy one. I felt a bit of a nincompoop at the checkout, handing over 13p for my single root vegetable. The checkout girl must have wondered what strange detox diet I was attempting.

The rest of the pudding making process went without a hitch except I could only fit in 4 hours of steaming. I will put them on again tonight for another 3 or 4 hours.

Nick admitted that he once went to safeways to buy a nubbin of root ginger. He didn't want a whole root so he snapped off a knobette, weighed it, and it came to 1p. That's all he bought.

1 Comments:

Blogger TB said...

So you do have Granny's patience! Kudos to you Rachel!

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters