Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Quilting question answered!

Thanks to Patty, I now have my previous quilting question answered. This is why I love the world wide t'interweb.* How else would another lady halfway across the world have been able to help me within the space of half a day?

Patty emailed me with this picture of a detail of one of her quilts, along with the answer I was looking for.



Here are a couple of pictures of my quilt in progress, showing how I have been doing it so far - hundreds of separate rows of stitching, instead of the single snaking row like Patty (very sensibly) does. The second picture shows a row of threads that I now have to thread onto a needle and hide inside the quilt. Sigh. I've started so I'll finish.**




*I wonder if you Americans get that rather Northern British joke.
** Another British reference revolving around a long running TV quiz show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters