Thursday, January 24, 2008

close encounter with quilt-based industrial accident

Last night I finished another quilt. I was in such a frenzy that I didn’t notice I was about to be trapped in the quiltmakers equivalent of getting your tie trapped in the office shedder. I was merrily sewing and noticed my head mysteriously being pulled nearer and nearer to the machine. It took a moment to realise that I had trapped the tassles of my scarf (which I have to wear in the house because it’s ****ing freezing) under the quilt and was sewing them in by accident.

Luckily, unlike a shredder, the sewing machine is easily stopped and scarf removed from round my neck, thus avoiding a nasty quilt-based industrial accident.

Such an incident would certainly make an interesting entry into the health and safety accident log book:

Nature of accident / injury:
Puncture wounds to face due to dangerously close scarf tassels getting caught in fast moving sewing machinery.

Action taken/treatment given:

Took foot off footpedal / removed quilt that was sewn to nostrils

3 Comments:

Blogger Primrose Hill said...

Tee hee! :) glad there were no punctures to the fingers in the struggle to become free!

L xx

5:50 PM  
Blogger TB said...

I love your life stories, Rachel!

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having recently suffered an injury due to an accident at work I am considering my options, due to the injury I have been unable to work and have not been receiving sick pay, does my boss have an option to pay me or is it dependent on circumstance? I can’t afford not to have money coming in but can’t work should I sue him or do I need a legal professional to speak to him for me? I have seen all those adverts on television about industrial accidents and people foe silly amounts of money, am I entitled to a claim, I don’t want to post personal details but I was working away and fell off something because the support wasn’t secure and broke and I have injured myself!

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters