Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Maggie is on a diet.


Poor Maggie. The vet told me she is too fat. Friends have been telling me this for ages, but I have always preferred to think of her as super fluffy instead of super lardy. Besides, Maggie is me in feline form: loves her food, loves sleeping and would avoid going out if at all possible.

In an attempt to give her the correct amount of food I have weighed out the biscuits and put each day’s meagre ration (60 grams) in a little bag. She gets half the bag in the morning, and half in the evening.

Since doing this I have realised just how much I was over feeding her. Her breakfast looks so pitiful. Maggie is not impressed. She wolfs down the food, and then follows me around complaining as I’m trying to get ready for work. If I ignore her she runs down to find Nick and complains to him. The noise is horrendous.

I’m hoping she soon gets used to her reduced portions sizes. In a way I’m quite envious. How easy it would be to lose weight if someone forcibly removed half of your food intake per day, and you had no choice in the matter!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are the chances that the neighbours are also feeding her? I think if she got desperate and started chasing mice the exercise could only do her good! - Eleanor

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually I doubt the neighbours feed her because she hates going out except for the necessaries. In fact our neighbours didn't even know we had a cat because they had never seen her before! Such a lazy bones!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

We have the opposite problem - our 2 house cats are losing weight - probably old age, nothing else obviously wrong.
Our bad boy stop out is enormous in comparison,
Vets are like doctors though - they go by a very inflexible table of weights. Do you think Maggie is overweight?
J
x

3:48 PM  
Blogger Sandra Wyman said...

These expensive vet diets work well I think. Unfortunately my huge cat Bixy has still lost very little weight (he's so expert at getting to the other cats' food when I'm not looking and I also tend to believe him when he tells me they've eaten his - I have seen them eat it, you see) Maggie is positively sylph-like next to Bixy, rest assured!

5:43 PM  
Blogger TB said...

What a great picture! Oh, try getting one fat cat out of three to lose weight while the other two don't deserve the diet! What a racket!

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters