Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Nosey neighbour or neighbourhood watch?

Neighbour: (round for a cup of tea) Have you been away Nick?
Nick: erm, when?
Neighbour: Last Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night.
Nick: Yes, I was!
Neighbour: Thought so.
Nick: how did you know?
Neighbour: I noticed your car was gone. Normally both your cars are gone by 8.00am and back by 7.00pm, except for Fridays when Rachel’s car is normally in the drive. I saw that your car was gone for 3 week nights in a row and wondered where you had gone.
Nick: (a bit freaked out) errr yes. I was away for work
Me: Did you think we’d had a row and Nick has left me?
Neighbour: (laughs) I’m not nosey or anything, I just like to check that everything is in order and I notice when the routine is disrupted.
Cat: (bites neighbour really hard on the wrist.)
Me: (smirks) Maggie! Don’t bite the neighbours!

4 Comments:

Blogger TB said...

My vote is nosey neighbor. We have one of those, too. He says to us, "I noticed you moved your cars around." Hmmm....it must be universal.

2:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would be freaked and getting bigger door locks...

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:39 PM  
Blogger The Author said...

Listen lovey, your neighbour is not a problem until they begin to call you a family of gypsies!!!! Tell them that you're really into bondage, the dark arts and wife swapping and then unless you're really unlucky they may stay away!!!!

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters