Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Megaphones



Me: oooh goodie, my megaphones have arrived!
Colleagues: Yes, they arrived yesterday.

I unpack my 2 new megaphones excitedly.

Me: **TESTING, TESTING** yup, those will do!
Colleagues: (nonchalantly continuing to work)
Me: It’s quite telling that 2 megaphones arrive in the post for me, and neither of you bat an eyelid.
Colleagues: Well, we are used to all manner of odd things arriving for you. Last month it was a felt hat shaper. The month before it was a box of assorted French coffee pots, and before that it was a vintage chandelier from Belgium.
Me: But aren’t you even slightly curious about why I need a pair of megaphones? One megaphone maybe, but 2?
Colleagues: Where your crackpot projects are concerned we’ve learned it’s generally safer not to enquire.

9 Comments:

Blogger Tony Ruscoe said...

Maybe I'll regret this... but why do you need two megaphones?

10:09 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Buy one get one free?

11:12 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

There used to be a fast show sketch... 'did you pick up the blah blah blah'... 'even better than that... '

this is my world

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you can guess why I need megaphones then you win a prize.

(It's nothing to do with shouting at Nick. I know we live in a huge mansion and all, but my normal voice is loud enough to reach to the west wing without amplification)

12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know why, and since you know why I know why, can I have the prize without letting on to all this other lot why?

Dad x

8:46 PM  
Blogger socks and stuff said...

Hi, I'm new to your blog lately lurking, whilst drinking tea and eating cake.
I say you need the megaphones because you are going boating and these are in case of emergency?
cheers, xx

10:38 PM  
Blogger The Author said...

I cannot imagine why you would need the megaphones - and two of them? Please do tell as the suspense is unbearable.

4:49 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

most people have two ears and one mouth. this isn't enough for rach.

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I allowed to guess?

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters