Thursday, May 14, 2009

Randomiser at Ketchup

Last night we went to Ketchup, a gourmet burger place on Ashton lane with Cat and Squizz. A feature of their menu I particularly like is the 'Randomiser' where your waitress chooses for you, or as the menu says:

Put your future in the hands of our helpful and friendly staff. Choose the randomiser and receive the burger your server thinks would suit you best.


We were a bit scared of this option but Squizz decided to test our waitress to see if she would choose something he would like. She obviously knew her stuff because, after looking him up and down, she chose a burger with chicken and haggis, to which he immediately agreed. Nick looked envious for a second and then announced he wanted that too. Apparently it was delicious.

At this juncture, if I were Christian I would write this:

I had the ostrich burger (extra rare) and Nick had the scallop burger with caviar salad and the bill came to £637 including wine* which we all agreed was very reasonable and we would definitely frequent this restaurant in future.



*None of this is true. Actually I don't know how much the bill was because Squizz put it on his expense account. He's not an MP though, and he's the boss of his own company, so it's ok.

6 Comments:

Blogger Christian Briddon said...

You taking the piss? :-)

I think that the price of a restaurant is very important when deciding if you would like to go or not. I just try to give complete reviews.

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That has maded me laugh. Looking forward to this weekend. Jane x

7:56 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Tony Ruscoe said...

That's not really what Christian would write, because you didn't say anything was "most excellent"! :-)

11:17 AM  
Blogger Christian Briddon said...

Thanks Tony! I don't think you are helping by making me sound like Bill and Ted. :-)

I just wish that I had enough money to go to a restaurant and not worry how much it costs like Rach obviously has. :-)

4:54 PM  
Anonymous rach said...

hmmm, not sure that if I had unlimited funds as you seem to be suggesting I would be going to a burger bar.

Christian, darling, I am taking the micky but only very gently and the most affectionate way. x

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters