Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Jane's Punk Party

You may remember from this post that we were contemplating shaving Nick's hair into a mohican for Jane's Punk themed party.

Nick figured 'in for a penny, in for a pound' so I got to practice my hairdressing skills and had great fun turning my lovely respectable-looking husband into a scary thug. (We noticed a distinct frostiness from the taxi driver when we got in the car, and ended up over compensating by being really polite and tipping him handsomly!)



I had a minor problem at the back where Nick is (huh hem) thinning slightly, but used extra pink spray to hide the scalp showing through.



Phil had promised that he was also going to have a Mohican but I was dubious. Phil had been bald for years, so I knew some ingenuity would be required. Here is Phil's excellent mohican, constructed from felt, and secured using elastoplasts. Genius. Note also the barbed wire necklace. It's that sort of attention to detail that sets you apart at a fancy dress party.



Jane achieved vertical hair with the use of glow in the dark blue hairspray, hence the rather odd glowing head she is sporting here:



My own hair was enormous at the beginning of the party but had calmed down a bit by this point:


Happy birthday janie!

3 Comments:

Blogger Pedja said...

haaa...you look cool guys...Sid & Nancy are back! We must organize a Punk Party next time we are together...but underwater:)))

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wasn't Nick's head supposed to be shaved - apart from the pink bit down the middle? This looks a bit of a compromise to me and I feel faintly disappointed

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, he wanted to do this but I didn't particulary want to go on our holidays with a skinhead, so shaved it to a number one instead. When we got home after tyhe party I shaved the long mohican top off to a number 2, so it was pretty short!

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters