Monday, September 24, 2007

A plus for Customer service

I usually use this blog as a forum to vent my anger at the sheer fuckwittage that seems to follow me around. (see here, and here, and here oh, and here)

But I am pleased to say that, for once, I have had a weekend of rather organised, helpful and pleasant customer service.

1) B&Q warehouse, Strathkelvin.
They have a dedicated person in each section who (and hold on to your hats here) actually seem to be knowledgeable about the items they are selling. They also seem to be above the age of 20. Anyone who has ever tried to squeeze DIY information out of a spotty 17 year old, whose sum total of knowledge is what he can read off the back of the tin, will know that to meet a 50 year old bloke in the plumbing section who can lead you to exactly the right connection in seconds is an absolute god send.

2) Currys, Bishopbriggs.
On our trip to buy a washing machine we were impressed that, once again, the staff at Currys were not just students who don’t give a toss, but friendly, informed and motivated staff, who took real care to help us find the right washing machine. The after sales care was also good. Granted, the delivery people cocked it all up when they dropped our machine at the depot and missed the delivery slot, (fuckwittage) but the shop staff ensured we had a replacement immediately.

3) DFS, Glasgow
Now look, I know what you are thinking: How is it that a girl with such impeccable taste in interior design, and frankly a snobbish attitude to mass produced ‘fashion’ furniture aimed at the proletariat, ends up buying her sofa from DFS. (Ooooh those adverts. I can’t abide them.)

Well, to be honest, after scrutinising the current sofa market, and our current bank balance, we went for the cheap option. We looked round DFS and out of over 120 different styles on offer, 119 of them were, as I suspected, absolutely hideous. 1 of them though was simple, unpretentious, and supremely comfortable. We bought it. The salesman was friendly, un-pushy, well-informed, and we should have our new sofas in 5 weeks.

I admit it - I do feel slightly dirty. I have abandoned my principles for the sake of a few quid. But at the end of the day when the sofa I had dreamed of cost £2500, and we have ended up with a 4 seater, a 2 seater and an arm chair for much less than that, then I am prepared to look the other way just this once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counters